I am a PhD fellow at the Department of Computer Science at University of Copenhagen, jointly advised by Robert Glück, Holger Bock Axelsen, and Andrzej Filinski.
My primary field of interest is reversible computing, specifically in the development of logics and categorical semantics for reversible programming languages, as well as formal approaches to the specification and optimization of reversible logic circuits. I am also interested in (categorical approaches to) quantum computing.
- Fall 2017: Logic in Computer Science: Models and Proofs for Systems (lecturer, TA).
- Fall 2016: Logic in Computer Science: Models and Proofs for Systems (lecturer, TA).
- Fall 2015: Logic in Computer Science: Models and Proofs for Systems (lecturer, TA).
- Spring 2015: Topics in Programming Languages (guest lecturer, misc. assistance).
- R. Glück and R. Kaarsgaard. A Categorical Foundation for Structured Reversible Flowchart Languages. In Proceedings of the 33rd Conference on the Mathematical Foundations of Programming Semantics (MFPS XXXIII), to appear, 2017. (preprint)
- R. Kaarsgaard, H. B. Axelsen, and R. Glück. Join Inverse Categories and Reversible Recursion. Journal of Logical and Algebraic Methods in Programming, volume 87, pages 33–50, February 2017. (preprint, Elsevier)
- H. B. Axelsen, R. Glück, and R. Kaarsgaard. A Classical Propositional Logic for Reasoning about Reversible Logic Circuits. In J. Väänänen, Å. Hirvonen, and R. de Queiroz, editors, Logic, Language, Information, and Computation (WoLLIC), Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 9803, pages 52–67, Springer Verlag, 2016. (preprint, Springer)
- H. B. Axelsen and R. Kaarsgaard. Join inverse categories as models of reversible recursion. In B. Jacobs and C. Löding, editors, Foundations of Software Science and Computation Structures (FoSSaCS), Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 9634, pages 73–90, Springer Verlag, 2016. (preprint, Springer)
- R. Kaarsgaard. Join inverse categories and reversible recursion. In L. Aceto, I. Fábregas, Á. García-Perez, A. Ingolfsdottir, editors, Proceedings of the 27th Nordic Workshop on Programming Theory, Technical Report RUTR-SCS16001, pages 69–71, Reykjavík University, 2015. (abstract, slides, proceedings)
- M. K. Thomsen, R. Kaarsgaard, and M. Soeken. Ricercar: A Language for Describing and Rewriting Reversible Circuits with Ancillae and its Permutation Semantics. In J. Krivine and J.-B. Stefani, editors, Reversible Computation, Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 9138, pages 200–215, Springer Verlag, 2015. (Springer)
- R. Kaarsgaard. Towards a Propositional Logic for Reversible Logic Circuits. In R. de Haan, editor, Proceedings of the ESSLLI 2014 Student Session, pages 33–41, 2014.
Other academic activities
- Nijmegen Quantum Logic Group, Institute for Computing and Information Sciences (iCIS), Radboud University, March – June 2016.
- 9th Conference on Reversible Computation (RC 2017),
- Journal of Logical and Algebraic Methods in Programming,
- 26th International Symposium on Logic-based Program Synthesis and Transformation (LOPSTR 2016),
- 8th Conference on Reversible Computation (RC 2016),
- 7th Conference on Reversible Computation (RC 2015).