EPS: The Elgaard Positioning System
EPS: from version 0.9 EPS is located at sourceforge: http://eps.sourceforge.net
version 0.8.5 (java 1.1/java 2)
Changes in EPS 0.8.5
Better mouse-less control. (+ and - for zoom, menu shortcuts etc.)
Now works with netscape on local filesystem.
Changes in EPS 0.8.4
EPS now runs in browser. (Netscape, MS Explorer, and
Changes in EPS 0.8.3
Support for DgpsIP. See dgps.wsrcc.com.
Remember to set the interface to RTCM/NMEA (Or RTCM/NONE, 4800 baud if you dont need NMEA).
RXTX (version 1.3-9)
now works with EPS. Not much work done in EPS. I think version 1.3.9 of RXTX
is just better.
New UI for Commapi.
A few Bugfixes: A y2k problem. EPS now works again in new versions of Netscape.
New File Names in EPS 0.8
EPS is now started as "java EPS" or loaded from "netscape.html" or "browser.html".
See Running EPS
EPS is written in Java. It requires at least Java 1.1.
It runs on:
For communication with the Garmin GPS unit the requirements are:
- JDK 1.1 + Java
Communications API 2.0 on Win32
- JDK 1.1 on UNIX/Linux
Stty requires no installation, but is a hack. If stty does not work you have to install RXTX.
- Netscape 4.72 on UNIX/Linux
- Displays scanned charts. Can zoom and scroll.
- now: handles different sizes of scanned rectangles.
- Computes speed, distances etc.
- Handles waypoints, track, and routes.
- Uploads and downloads waypoints, track, and routes between EPS and Garmin GPS units
- Displays NMEA output: Course and Speed. Displays track on chart.
- Can send Dgps IP to the GPS unit while displaying NMEA output.
The system is FREE (GNU public licence).
Left Mouse Button: Show Position.
Middle Mouse Button: Set track log position.
Right Mouse Button: Start new track.
Arrow keys and scrollbar: Pan chart.
Try running EPS over the net
Communication with the GPS unit and file saving does not work over the net.
Niels Elgaard Larsen