Daywatch is a calendar and reminder.
Even though the development of this program has sort of stopped, due to the
fact that it was written in assembler then it still is the best reminder
program that I've seen for the Amiga.
- The message pop-up box has an easy to use "Come Again" feature.
- You can quickly reschedule events with drag'n'drop. If you reschedule a
weekly event (such as "every tuesday") then Daywatch will ask you wether or
not to make this change global, or only for the current week.
- Year/Month/Day calculations can be inserted in the messagetext, e.g.,
"I'm %y-1976 years old!" will, unfortunately, always remind me of my correct
- Events can be defined either as a text to display or a DOS command to
execute (or both) it is also possible just to have entries in the calendar,
for which no action is defined.
- You can ask for a "pre warning" before the actual event, if for example
you enter a dentist appointment then it is likely that you want to be warned a
few hours before.
- Overview containing link buttons to the previous and next months.
- Holidays can be defined, and are uniquely displayed in the overview.
- Events can be suspended in different periouds of time, for example if
your favourite TV-show takes a summer-break then you can just suspend it.
- Suspensions can either be added manually, or you can simply remove
periodic events (such as "the tenth in every month") from the main window, and
Daywatch will ask you wether you want the event completely removed, or only
for the specified date.
- ARexx support, which is very useful if for example you often wants to be
notifed in seven minutes, because the tea is done then simply put this on alt
|The main window
- If you only have one event, and you remove or change it then Daywatch
will, on some systems, freeze your machine. I have unfortunately not been able
to reproduce this on any of the machines I've tested Daywatch on. But I have
received this bug report from several different individuals :-(
- Week calculations are sometimes off by one.
Download Daywatch.LZX V1.2 (123.2 Kb, 30-Dec-1997)