Workshop in Honor of Neil D. Jones: Programs as Data
Neil D. Jones, professor emeritus at DIKU, has been awarded the prestigious Programming Languages Achievement Award 2014 by ACM SIGPLAN in recognition of his scientific contributions to programming languages. We celebrate this:
Time: June 16th, 2014 - from 12.00 to 18.00 p.m.
Place: Alexander Hall, Bispetorv Annex, Bispetorvet 1-3, DK-1167 Copenhagen K
Registration is cloosed. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about vacant seats.
12.00 - 13.00 Lunch buffet, incl. registration
13.00 - 13.10 Welcome by Jakob Grue Simonsen, DIKU, Vice Head of Research
13.10 - 14.10 3 talks:
- Dines Bjørner, DTU (emer.):
From Maxwell's equations to the mix-mix-mix equations and how New Public Management is destroying science
- Jens Palsberg, UCLA:
What is the type of a partial evaluator?
- Peter Sestoft, ITU:
A partial history of programming language research at DIKU
14.10 - 14.40 Coffee and tea break
14.40 - 15.40 3 talks:
- Jakob Rehof, TU Dortmund & Fraunhofer ISST:
Industrialization of Software Production?
- Amir Ben-Amram, Tel-Aviv University:
Simple Programs that are Hard to Analyze
- Jan Midtgaard, Aarhus University:
From Neil's Shoulders to the Moon
15.40 - 16.00 Coffee and tea break
16.00 - 16.05 Introduction to laudatio by John Renner, Dean, Faculty of Science
16.05 - 16.45 Laudatio: Fritz Henglein and Jakob Grue Simonsen, DIKU
16.45 - 17.00 Laureate’s speech: Professor Neil D. Jones
17.00 - 18.00 Reception with snacks
Practical information - how to get and stay here
To get to Copenhagen from the Copenhagen Airport, the easiest way is to take the metro to Nørreport Station or Kongens Nytorv.
You can also use the regional train to get to Nørreport Station or Copenhagen Central Station.
From here, it is a short walk on foot to the hall.
Travel within Copenhagen
Follow the guide below to find your way. You can also plan travels with public transport on Rejseplanen.dk. Choose the English version.
Tickets for public transportation
Copenhagen's public transportation works with a zone system. A single ticket between the airport and Copenhagen are three zones and cost 36 DKK, and is valid for two hours in both metro, bus and train.
You can also buy a 10-ticket card, which cost 150 DKK for a two-zone card and 200 DKK for a three-zone card.
Both tickets and cards can be bought in ticket machines on all train and metro stations, and single tickets can be bought on buses as well.
Recommended hotels near the venue (price reduction agreement with UCPH):
- Best Western Hotel http://www.bestwestern.dk/da/hotels/best-western-mercur-hotel-copenhagen-description
- DGI Byen http://www.dgi-byen.dk/dgi-byenshotel/
- Copenhagen Plaza http://www.profilhotels.dk/copenhagenplaza/
Other hotels near the venue:
- Marriott Hotel http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/cphdk-copenhagen-marriott-hotel/
- Copenhagen Island http://www.copenhagenisland.dk/
- Hotel Cabinn https://www.cabinn.com/
- Wakeup Copenhagen https://www.wakeupcopenhagen.dk/booking/index.php?client=arpHansenWakeup&lang=da